Target Markers are a vital part of our Sport.
In fullbore shooting, a target is mounted on a mechanical frame which is raised and lowered between shooting and scoring. A ‘Marker’ performs this action, and communicates the score achieved via coloured discs that the shooter can see from hundreds of yards away.
You are even able to predict where a hole will appear in the target based on the movement in the sand wall where the bullet strikes!
In between shots being fired, you will be positioned under the Mantlet alongside you fellow Markers.
If you are interested in regular marking please contact email@example.com
Imperial Meeting Marking
In addition to regular marking requirements throughout the year (which are typically on weekends), our summer festival of shooting requires a cohort of markers for a 2 weeks in July to mark targets for some of the worlds best target shooters!
For the 2022 Imperial Meeting we require markers between 6th – 3rd July inclusive.
Rates of Pay:
- Under 23’s: £10.29 per hour
- Over 23’s: £10.55 per hour
All new markers are required to attend a 3 hour training session, which is typically hosted on a weekend.
This consists of one hour in a classroom, followed by two hours out on the range learning how the targets work, and how you score the target.
- All markers are offered a free tent pitch – you will need to provide your own tent – so you can stay on site during the event
- You will be assigned to a Team which you will work with for the duration of the event – so let us know if there are any individuals you would like to work with
- To ensure no cheating takes place, phones are not allowed to be used whilst in the marking area. Music is normally played through the speaker system, and you can listen to music through headphones as long as you don’t need to access your phone whilst doing so
Imperial Marker Sign-Up:
To sign-up to be a marker at the Imperial Meeting you need to complete the following form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Downloadable Form: HERE
Once you complete your training you will need to complete an additional form for payroll purposes. You will need your National Insurance number and Passport photo to complete this.
General Marker Availability
Most marking takes place on weekends, we aim to organise Markers the Sunday/Monday before the coming weekend.
To check to shift availability we encourage you to email email@example.com on the Sunday or Monday with your Name and availability. We also have the below form which is used to display upcoming dates when we require markers: